A Quick Guidance on Arthritis Pain and Its Instant Solution
Are you having trouble with Inflammation of one or more joints? Does it become very challenging for you to move around? If your answer is yes to any or both the questions above, it might be an early sign of arthritis. According to a study on arthritis, about 1 in every 6 Canadians are suffering from arthritis pain.
In this situation, along with the prescribed medication, one of the most effective solutions is to start physiotherapy. To start with, you must consult an experienced physiotherapist.
This article will help you with a few more effective methods to have a less painful and healing journey.
About Arthritis Pain
Arthritis is mainly referred to as inflammation of one or multiple joints. The symptoms develop over a period of time or even suddenly. Sometimes, due to Arthritis, permanent joint changes are also noticed. Hundreds of conditions affect the joints and tissues of different parts of the body, which makes daily physical activity very painful.
It is commonly seen in older aged people, obese people and more in women in comparison to males. Sometimes Arthritis is linked to genetic disorders. The most commonly affected body parts are the knees, knuckles, wrists, ankles, and hips.
Depending on symptoms, Arthritis can be categorized into the following:
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a common type of arthritics which mainly affects knees, spine, hands, and hips. OA tends to increase with age. Being overweight and injured is the primary factor of osteoarthritis.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a long-term disease that affects many parts of the body. Generally, it affects the same joint on both sides of the body part, such as the knees, hands, ankles, heart, lungs, and eyes.
Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA), like, Rheumatoid Arthritis affects different joints of the body and organs. This hits between the age of 30 to 50, and also affects skin, which reflects in the form of swollen, stiff and painful bumps under the skin.
Symptoms of Arthritis
As Arthritis is a chronic disease, its symptoms may come and go or continue over a long time. It is good to stay aware of the symptoms so that one can go for an early treatment.
– Pain: Pain is a typical symptom of arthritis, which continues to stay over a long time period or might appear and disappear suddenly without any noticeable pattern.
– Stiffness: Stiffness is a very common symptom of arthritis. It is mostly experienced just after waking up in the morning or after sitting for a long time.
– Difficulty moving a joint: Arthritis patients find it immensely challenging to move any joint in their body.
– Swelling: It is seen in some types of Arthritis. The skin of the affected area becomes swollen and red.
Treatment of Arthritis
There is no complete cure for arthritis pain treatment. The main goal of treatment is to minimize the joint-pain to be help patients resume their everyday activity with less difficulty. Depending on the type of arthritis, doctors suggest, physiotherapy, medication, nutritional diet, regular exercise, heat and cold compress weight loss and more such solutions to reduce the pain.
Physiotherapy is one of the most efficient arthritis pain treatments.
Physiotherapy for arthritis pain treatment
Usually, doctors will often recommend patients to go for a Physiotherapy, in which the main goal is, to be able to:
– Manage pain
– Improve physical fitness
– Achieve seamless mobility in every joint
Here are some Physiotherapy techniques to overcome most of Arthritis pain:
– Massage: Massage therapy to relieve stiffness.
– Acupuncture: A traditional Chinese physiotherapy treatment, in which fine needles are inserted into acupoints to ensure proper Chi flow to relieve the pain.
– Hot and cold pack: Hot packs ensure proper blood flow, which reduces the pain, and cold packs help in reducing Inflammation.
– Hydrotherapy: Patients are taught specific exercises to be done in lukewarm water.
– Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS): This is an electronic device, which produces pulse and sends mild vibration to the nerve to get relief from pain.
As we discussed, Arthritis pain is a very common and serious disease, but a proper treatment can help lessen the pain and inflammation.
Name the brand are amongst the best physiotherapy clinic in Surrey. Check Legend Physiotherapy and Rehab Clinic to know about the treatments offered here, and to schedule an appointment offer an excellent quality of service, advanced equipment, and experience of the best treatment.