Efficient Sports Physiotherapy in Abbotsford
Our sports physiotherapy in Abbotsford includes but isn’t limited to back pain treatment, chronic pain treatment, joint pain treatment and more. We use evidence-based techniques to treat respiratory, musculoskeletal and neurological pain and discomfort. Whether it’s a soft tissue injury or a mobility issue, our sports physiotherapist in Abbotsford is here to take care of you.
We provide sports physiotherapy in Abbotsford through manual therapy, client education and customized therapeutic exercise programs. The main emphasis of our sports injury treatment in Abbotsford is to relieve your pain. Thus, we help you get back to your favourite sport quicker and stronger.
How to Treat Most Common Sports Injuries in Abbotsford?
Myriads of accidents happen while playing sports. Interrogate anyone involved in sports, and they are likely to tell you various kinds of sports injuries they have dealt with. Athletes and recreational sports players need to stay fit to deliver peak performance and take the crowd by thunder in the field. This is where our Abbotsford sports physiotherapy comes into play. We provide advanced and efficient sports physiotherapy in Abbotsford to facilitate your quick recovery.
According to the US Centers for Disease Control, about 30 million children and youngsters participate in sports. More than 3.5 million sports injuries occur every year, and by far, the most common are strains and sprains.
Different Types of Sports Injuries
It’s always a good idea to be familiar with common sports injuries and their treatment. Some of the injuries can be classified as:
- Acute – Injuries that occur suddenly.
- Chronic – Commonly called overused injuries, these happen over time.
At Legend Physiotherapy, we provide sports physiotherapy in Abbotsford for all types of injuries. Share your concerns with our sports physiotherapist and begin your journey towards optimal health.
Types of Common Sports Injuries
Some of the common types of sports injuries include:
- Sprains – The ligament is stretched in the first-degree sprain, some fibers are torn in the second degree, and almost all fibers are torn in the third degree. First-degree sprains cause swelling and pain, second degree causes weakness and discoloration due to bleeding, and third-degree lead to decrease mobility.
- Concussion – Symptoms of a concussion include headache, dizziness, blurred vision, and feeling of disorientation. It is caused by mild brain injury, which may be associated with the loss of consciousness.
- Knee Joint Injuries – This type of injury can affect ligament, cartilage, or tendons caused due to swelling, stiffness, and pain.
- Dislocations – Dislocation could occur in a joint when our bones slip out of their proper alignment. It causes the joint to move correctly.
- Fractures – Bones are strong but require flexibility. Breaking of bones is a common occurrence in sports. Fractures are common in the wrist, hand, ankle, or foot.
It’s always better to visit professionals for sports injuries prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation. If you are looking for sports physiotherapy in Abbotsford, get in touch with us for the utmost care and attention.
How to Deal with Sports Injuries? Treatment and Prevention
If you are injured while playing sports, it’s likely that you may end up overlooking a fractured bone considering it to be a regular sprain. Treatment of sports injuries may depend on the severity of the injury. We provide our clients with sports injuries physiotherapy management sessions to rehabilitate them, promote flexibility and strength. If you try to play before the injury is healed, it could further damage and delay the recovery process.
With precautions, sports injuries can be prevented. At Legend Physiotherapy, our experts will help develop a fitness plan and decrease the chance of future injuries.
Recover from Sports Injuries with Physiotherapy
The main goal of sports injuries prevention treatment and rehabilitation is:
- A customized exercise program to improve mobility
- Improves overall muscle health and maintain athletic performance
Why Choose Legend Physiotherapy?
Legend Physiotherapy Abbotsford has provided clients with a wide range of services to enhance performance and lead a quality life. Our highly skilled professionals provide sports injury prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation. We develop a customized program to alleviate pain, enhance your core and get you back to what you love doing the most. We hear out our patient’s concerns and devise a program of effective sports physiotherapy.